The Cannabis Sales Associate (CSA), or Budtender is responsible for ensuring that all customers visiting Lionheart enjoy a friendly, knowledgeable, and safe cannabis buying experience. The CSA will promote a positive, compliant work environment where quality customer service – while maintaining legal compliance – is their primary goal. The CSA will also be responsible for assisting other staff members in maintaining a compliant inventory and following all state laws and company policies to ensure that there are no issues with inventory shrinkage, mislabeling, or other concerns that could affect the dispensary’s compliance rating.
On a daily basis, the CSA is expected to:
- Understand the sales cycle and treat customers accordingly, offering them products that best meet their needs while being alert for opportunities to ensure the customer has all the products and accessories necessary for maximum enjoyment of their purchase.
- Utilize the point-of-sale system and other tools available to correctly and accurately perform and record sales
- Utilize the state’s software (Metrc) to ensure that Lionheart maintains full compliance with regard to sales of cannabis.
- Maintain current knowledge on all products sold by Lionheart, including cannabis products and general merchandise.
- Promote and provide information on Lionheart’s rewards programs, discount structures, and other programs used to incentivize customers to choose Lionheart as their first stop when shopping for cannabis.
- Understand the laws that define the cannabis market in Montana
- Always maintain the highest degree of accuracy in daily operations, including but not limited to inventory reconciliation, receiving new shipments, and processing customer payments.
- Be available for work as scheduled, and understanding that there are certain periods (blackout days) where off days or leave may be denied due to above average business expectations (4/20, 7/10, Green Wednesday, etc.)
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment, alert for any safety issues such as slippery sidewalks or spills that need to be cleaned up
- Maintain a positive and welcoming persona, avoiding personal conflict, infighting, or other drama while working within the Lionheart facility
- Notify superiors of any defects or issues with regard to products, compliance, or customer service.
- Offer suggestions for improving the customer experience, or other factors of the daily operations such as maintaining a clean, safe environment, or streamlining company processes
- Education: Minimum high-school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Experience: Minimum two years of experience in a fast-paced customer facing environment that involves dealing directly with a variety of customers, as well as experience performing transactions and handling cash
- Acceptable math and logic skills necessary to perform daily operations
- Basic computer skills, including the ability to navigate applications using the mouse and keyboard
- Friendly, outgoing personality that is suited to working with customers
- A high standard of ethical awareness with regard to dealing with individuals from all disciplines, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, or personal/political beliefs
- Must be able to spend long hours while standing
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Generous employee discount
- Paid Time Off
- Health insurance
- Comprehensive training
- Open door policy
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org